2014

2014

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Babies' Room, random pregnancy rant, and baby update

I feel the need to write, it's been awhile.  It's been a pretty uneventful few weeks, except for what I've already filled you in on!  Almost 33 weeks (AHHH, if time could speed up, juuuuuuust a notch, that'd be fantastic!)  As an update on the babies, they are doing well.. hiccuping numerous times a day, as I think I've mentioned.  They aren't moving around quite as much, as I'm assuming they are running out of room quickly these days.

As far as how I feel (even if you're not interested, you're going to hear it!), I'm feeling like a bit of a beached whale.  I know that's a pregnancy cliche, but now I see why!  I have a difficult time getting off the couch without Em's help to "hoist" me up.  Rolling over in bed takes about 5 minutes, I have to readjust all 7 pillows, you know.  And since I can only lay on one side for about an hour, that's how often I wake up, if I'm not awake already.  Between the heartburn, hip and back pain, and two kids in my ribs and bladder, it's nearly impossible to get a good night's sleep anymore!!!  Oh, and did I mention that by the time I fall asleep around 2 am if I'm lucky, my alarm is going to go off at 4 am to take my contraction meds?  So the whole thing starts back over!!  I will be happy to be off those!  Should I be complaining?  I mean, after all in a month and four days, I'll have two babies keeping me up at all hours of the night, right?  I'm sure that's what you are thinking, as most people remind me.  But, I won't have two babies taking up most of my midsection, and once I heal from my c-section, up at night, or not, at least my body will be more of my own again!  Ahh! I feel like I leased my body over to Liam and Lena M.  Well, they're lease is almost up!!!  Because I've about had it!  Being an immobile human incubator is only fun for so long!

Our next appointment is at 8:30 on Thursday.  I only have two more weeks of cervical measurements! Praise the Lord!  I am lucky to be saying that, we've definitely come so far.  Each day is a miracle!!  And I'm so thankful for it!  After this week, we start going to the doctor twice a week until they are born for monitoring.  Bed rest is almost over!  Getting anxious about the cerclage removal, ewww, if you want to know why, you're on your own to look it up b/c just typing it will give me the heebee jeebees!

As promised here, are the completed nursery pictures.  It's done, it's ready for a little boy and little girl, two babies I am dying to meet!!  Two babies who are completely, 100% all mine!  And besides with their daddy, babies I don't have to share if I don't want!




I also want to wish Beth (my twin momma) and Tony congrats on the birth of their twin boys, Drew and Trey, today!  Can't wait til all four of our babes are in the same room!  That'll be a perfect picture!  

No comments:

Post a Comment