2014

2014

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Q&A from strangers to parents of twins!

My friend Beth (who is also having twins VERY SOON) and I have been sharing funny responses to silly questions people often ask parents of twins.  I have also been reading a book, Juggling Twins, and she discusses getting out of the house with your babies and being questioned by strangers.  Thought this was good for a laugh!

Q:  Oh! Twins?
A:  "No, one of them is mine, but I found the other one out in the parking lot.  Is it yours?"
A:  "Nope, they're clones actually.  We have six more at home just like them."
A:  "What are you talking about?  Do you see two?"
A:  "No, I bought one off Ebay."

Q:  Did you use drugs?
A:  "No, but I do now!"

Q:  Are they natural?
A:  What's an artificial twin anyway?

Q:  (To the parents of B/G twins)  Are they identical?
A:  "Yeah, except for the penis and the vagina part"  (Hahaha)

Q:  Are they "paternal" twins?"
A:  Yes, they have a father.  There was only one virgin birth.

Maybe you have to be a mother of twins to enjoy some of these, but I think it's pretty amusing!!! :)

The author of my book, Meghan Regan-Loomis, also posted a checklist for parents to look at the end of the day.  She reminds the reader to lighten up, and laugh about the little things.  After all,  raising twins will be stressful!!

  • Is everyone still alive?
  • Has anyone wandered off, or are we all still accounted for?
  • Has everyone bathed this month? (Okay, has anyone?)
  • Did food pass over everybody's lips at some point today?
  • Has anyone seen or heard from the dog today?
  • Are there any clean(ish) clothes ready for tomorrow?
  • Are we up to date on paying bills to the point that we will have heat and electricity tomorrow?
  • Have we laughed today?
  • No, seriously, guys.  Where's the dog?

2 comments:

  1. hahaha, that is cute! :)

    I can't imagine Wesson disappearing though! I'm sure he will always make sure you know he is there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! I think we ask all those questions here with the 6 kids... and NO twins ;)

    ReplyDelete