2014

2014

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Woo hoo! I'm getting a Mamaroo! :) And a nursery update!!

Haven't blogged for a few days, babies are doing good.  As I always report, they move around A LOT.  Cool thing is, is that they know Daddy's voice.  He can talk to them at any time of day, and they usually start to squirm.  It's very cool, and we are getting soooo excited that they will be here in the next 3-5 weeks!!!  We went into their nursery last night, and stood at the crib that are going to sleep in, turned the mobile on, and just smiled!  It's sooooooo close!!!!  It's getting to that surreal point, and I'm feeling pretty at ease about their arrival. I've accepted that I will have a c-section, but after the spinal with my cerclage, I'm not as nervous.  I'm a little anxious about recovery, but we are soo ready to meet theses little babes!  Doctor's appointment Thursday at 8:30!!  31 weeks on Friday!!!

In other news!  I found a mamaroo seat on Craiglist, and the guy is going to sell it to us for $100!  They retail for $200, and it is in mint condition.  Em is going to drive to Madison, hopefully this weekend to pick it up!!  
This is what it looks like! It's black :)  Has an MP3 player plug-in, no batteries necessary!
Nursery Update!  It's pretty much done!!!!!!!  Signs need to go up and we have a shelf we are going to put over the changer.  We also need to hang curtains, think I'm going to go with dark brown to match the little deer :)  There are some things in the room that will come out once the babes are born, so ignore them!  I took some pictures because I promised I would!!!!  Here ya go!
When you peak into the room, this is how it looks from the doorway :)

Liam's crib, far wall

Lena's crib, on the inside wall.  Babies will sleep here together for awhile.
Our changer has an option to add labels to the drawers! So I did!  

Big Brother Wesson showing us the changing table/dresser!

Closer look at Liam's crib with his police bear and his reindeer!
Buddy was my "love toy" when I was a child, obviously very loved.  He only has one original eye and his antlers were chewed on when I was a baby.  My mom wanted the twins' to have their own lovey with antlers!  So cute!

Close up of Lena's crib with her ballerina bear.  Cute projection mobile with remote!! Fisher Price Little Planet Mobile.


4 comments:

  1. It's beautiful, Am! I'm a sucker for light green and nature-y stuff. You've got everything but the babies...and they're comin' round the mountain!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the nursery! And the Buddies for the twins make me so happy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ADORABLE! I love reading about your anticipation and pure excitement! Woo hoo!! Getting close! : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amber thanks for the update the nursery looks amazing!! I love the theme you went with,you and em did an amazing job decorating it along with other family members too of course. Cant wait to see the update from the doctors appointment!!

    ReplyDelete