2014

2014

Friday, May 13, 2011

Feels good to say thirty ____ weeks! So long twenties!

Blogger is finally back up!  It was down for awhile, but it's back, so I'll do an update :)  Oh, and today!  30 week mark!  Woo hoo!  Very exciting!

Yesterday, we went to the doctor and let me say, 8:30 for a two hour appointment is WAAY to early for my pregnant self!  They had the ultrasound tech come in early just for me, b/c they couldn't fit me in otherwise.  How special are we?  Lena is head down, hence me feeling a lot more discomfort.  To top that off, Mr. Liam is on his way to the head down position also, the first time he's moved out of the transverse position in months.  Now, instead of a baby up in my ribs, I have four sets of footies!  The tech says between 30 and 32 weeks is about the time they choose what position they will stay in until the end.  To be honest, I was hoping she'd stay breech and he'd stay high, b/c it's less pressure on my cervix, but with two heads pushing down on it, I don't know how long it'll hold!!!  It is measuring at a steady 1 cm.  No change in measurements, and only one contraction on the monitors.  So, again, she says "keep doing what you're doing" and she'll see me at 8:30 again next Thursday!  Oh, and I had a feeling the babies grew quite a bit, and well, I gained 4 lbs in a week, my first weight gain in about a month.  So, I can't wait til 32 weeks when we can see how big they are!

Babies are good, but I'm suuuper uncomfortable!  I had heartburn all day yesterday.  It was miserable, everything says that I shouldn't eat and then lay down, however, the doctor says, you can sit for a long period of time.  So, that's a problem.  Doesn't help me out much.  Tums and pepcid do not work, so I'm gonna have to try prilosec, or something.  I'm not sleeping well, turning from side to side is a huge chore.  I'm sure it drives Em nuts too :(  I had some uterine irritability last night, and Lena was kicking me so hard it brought me to tears.  I'm sooooo ready for them to be here, I know they aren't, so I will try to be patient, but regardless, I'm soooo ready.  Most women are ready to give birth when they have this much baby in them, I still have 4-6 weeks.  Oh well, there is my rant, which I am allowed to do every once and awhile!

2 comments:

  1. You are doing so good!! Congrats to making it to 30 weeks!! That's a HUGE feat!! Especially since a few weeks ago it was really iffy whether you'd make it here.

    Hang in there, I know its tough but you CAN do this!! I'm so glad there isn't any change in your cervix for now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Amber Congrats on making it to week 30 thats a huge mark for you!! Keep up the good work I know you are ready for them but with time they will be even more ready!! Hang in there Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete