2014

2014

Thursday, May 19, 2011

31 Week Doctor's Visit

Just woke up a bit ago from a two hour nap, I'm not sleeping at night.  I think I might need to take up permanent residence on my couch because I don't sleep well in my bed anymore.  Great.  Between back pain, hip pain, cramps, and heartburn, it's hopeless.  It hurts to move when I am in bed.  Went to doctor at 8:30 this morning, which apparently is our special time slot now.  Babies are good, heart rates are good.  It was very exciting to see that Lena already has a head full of hair, (is that why I've had all this damn heartburn keeping me up all night? Yes.)  You could see it waving around in the ultrasound.  Very exciting.  Liam wouldn't quite cooperate and actually started the ultrasound out in a complete ball until we woke him up.  Measurements are holding out about the same, .9 cm.  So that's good.  Not much contraction action in the past few weeks, which I'm grateful for.  Doctor is pleased, says she wants to get at least one more month out of me, but is very excited we are so close to 32 weeks!  As am I, thank goodness.  The idea of living on my couch another month sounds awful, but not much of a choice.  My circulation is getting pretty bad, and she wants me to wear support hose (my mom will be pleased to hear this).  Oh joy!  Next week, we get to see how big the babies are again with the growth ultrasound, I'm thinking they have to be, if not bigger, about 4lbs.  I went three weeks without gaining a thing, and in the past two weeks I've gained about 7.5 lbs.  So.. babies have to have gotten much bigger b/c my clothes are still fitting the same. :)  Happy 31 weeks tomorrow!

Em is getting my mamaroo on Saturday :)  Coming home outfits have been ordered and shipped.  Hoping to get car seats put in this weekend as well.  I really should start packing a bag.  Down to the wire.  If all goes according to my fortune cookie, "A refreshing change is in your future" with the first two lucky numbers 6 and 23, maybe they'll be here June 23rd! :)

1 comment:

  1. where is the picture of her head full of hair!!!! i havn't seen it yet!!! and that would be cool if they were born June 23rd!!! You can do it Am!!! it will go by fast just like May has gone by like a race car!!!!!

    ReplyDelete