2014

2014

Thursday, June 16, 2011

My last weekend pregnant?

It's lookin' like this could be our last weekend as a family of two.  My BP is a tad elevated, has been since Monday, nothing dangerous, just a little bit high.  Today, we had our normal appointment.  Had our ultrasound first, babies are doing well.  Liam has smooshed his head much lower than it was Monday, and is taking up more than his share of the room.  Ellen, the tech, says they are so low, she's shocked to see me walking so well.  I told Em this morning, the pressure is almost unbearable.  Well, that would be why.  After the ultrasound, they hooked me up to the monitors, where I was having some pretty good, regular contractions, even after I took my meds.  Dr. says she's not too concerned with that b/c I'm 35 weeks with twins, nothing unusual.  They are more painful than braxton hicks, cramping and lower back ache and all.  

While, I was hooked onto monitors, we overheard the nurse telling Ellen that the doctor wanted to do the growth scan today.  When Stacey, the nurse, came in, we asked her what was up.  She told us that Liam has much more fluid than Lena, so they wanted to make sure they were growing okay.  If there was a significant difference, they would deliver them.  We went back for the ultrasound, Lena is measuring 5.1 lbs and Liam at 5.3, which is a good thing that they are still so close in weight.  Means the nutrients are being distributed evenly among them.  Lena's little body is measuring a little bit behind her head size, which is the first sign that she is starting to get cut off from the nutrients through the placenta.  They did a scan to make sure the flow was still going strong through her cord, and it was, so that's great.  Doc is trying to get me closer to 36 weeks.  Basically, Mr. Liam is taking up so much room, he's putting a lot of pressure on his sister.  When baby A has too much pressure put on them by B, they'll stop making fluid in response. 

 Doctor says we are definitely not making it til our scheduled date, she thinks probably next week.  They are going to reevaluate Lena on Monday, if there is any difference in her development or nutrient flow, they will deliver them.  So, we'll see! I'm ready for them, when they are ready for me.  Looks like we'll be parents next week, I mean, my fortune cookie did say the 23rd.... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment