2014

2014

Sunday, April 24, 2011

This time next year...

I woke up thinking (and maybe feeling a little bummed) about how this Easter, Em is working (nothing new, he works most holidays, oh the life of a police family) and I'm stuck on the couch.  The sun is shining and looks pretty nice out.  Most of my family is going over to my Aunt's house for Easter dinner and I'm here on the couch, incubating children. I was very excited to find out that my dad is going to come over and spend Easter here with me, hanging out, watching t.v. and eating food.  Maybe I'll challenge him to a game of scrabble.  But, back to what I woke up thinking about..

I always said when I have my own family, I want traditions.  Something the same every year that my children can look forward to.  So, I'm not going to sit here today and feel all bummed, instead, I'm going to look forward to next year when my babies will be about ten months old, and in their first Easter outfits.  Saturday may be spent with Aunt Chas and Uncle Pablo, an Easter egg hunt with their cousins, and a cookout.  Sunday, with my family, going to church, and maybe another Easter egg hunt (obviously not old enough to walk and find eggs on their own, but with the help of mom or dad, of course) with their cousin (Rachel's baby), and a huge Easter dinner.  Sure, traditions are going to be difficult to make since their daddy will be working most holiday's, but Em and I have agreed in full that we will pull off something!  That's my thought of the day, this year may not be as eventful as planned, but next year, will be a first of many Easter family traditions for my own family of four.

As for an update on the babes, I can't wait to find out how big they are.  Their kicks are getting stronger by the day, and I definitely am getting used to their sleep cycles.  Friday marks another huge milestone in this pregnancy , so thanks for all the prayers and thoughts sent our way.

No comments:

Post a Comment