2014

2014

Monday, September 17, 2012

15 Months!


I can't believe my kids are 15 months old today!  It seriously blows my mind every day to think of how tiny they started, how small their cries seemed to be compared to now.  Lena weighs 25 lbs 13 oz and is 33 inches long!  Yep, she's pretty much the size of a two year old, and is wearing 18 to 24 month clothing.  She is so funny, learning something new every day.  She loves to clean, and I hope these habits stick around!  She puts everything "away" aka the garbage can, the hamper, the bath tub (luckily with no water in it, although the other night, she threw almost an entire load of clean towels in the tub while it was filling) or a little bag that she likes to carry around.  I found my cell phone in it last night!  Her words are "Hiiii," "Gone" and I've heard her say "Boo!"  Constantly jabbering.  Today, she attempted a summersault.  She's crazy!  Mr. Liam is 23 lbs 12 oz and 32.25 inches long!  Can you say, stringbean.  Probably one of the most handsome stringbeans you'll ever see though!  He's for sure coming out of his shell a little bit, starting to jabber a little bit more.  He is finally drinking out of a straw cup, which seems very minor to a non parent, but to us, it's thrilling!  He's so active, always heading for the door!  He's into the t.v., just like his Daddy and nothing makes me smile bigger in the morning than his big grin when Bubble Guppies comes on!  He loves his blankie and his momma.
Lena's totally awesome trick!

That smile will getcha every time!

And then there's this..

Weight: 202.6

Short Term Goal Weight: 199

Distance from Short Term Goal:  3.6

 Long Term Goal Weight: 150

Distance from Goal Weight: 52.6lbs

Total Loss: 3.4 lbs from beginning weight of 206

So this weight loss process quite frankly, sucks.   It's really really hard.  I'm still ever so motivated, but it's devastating when I don't see the difference you want to see.  Patience is a virtue, and that's where my battle has always been with losing weight.  The immediate gratification is sure not there, and with my stupid PCOS, it's 10x more frustrating than it is for a "normal" person trying to lose weight.  I don't want my PCOS to be an excuse, I want to be skinny, I know I can be.  And I feel like this is something I'm really doing for me for once, but also for my kids.  My goal in life is to meet my great grandkids, and I'm afraid I won't if I don't lose some of this weight.  So, even though my results are as slow as a frickin sloth, I'm sticking to it.  There have already been devastated tears after stepping on the scale, I'm sensitive, that's just the reality.  I'm lucky I have a husband that encourages me, and an amazing group of friends who are standing behind me, cheering me on.  

Here are some touching, inspirational things that have encouraged me this week!


1 comment:

  1. I can't believe how big they are getting :0) I miss them :( they are amazing children.
    As for you your amazing to so it's only natural your children are! Youre doing great on your weight loss. Just stay positive and nothing will hold you back!! Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete