2014

2014

Sunday, July 22, 2012

MoM :)

God has blessed me with the challenge, the joys, the up's, the down's of having multiples.  While there are so many "up's", there are a lot of "down's" that I have battled.  Not only am I a first time mother, I'm a first time mom with two babies.  That's not exactly standard!  I have battled with the questions regarding whether or not I give each one of them enough of me.  Do I split my time equally?  Do I hold them the same amount of times?  These questions are emotional questions for me.  Many first time Mom's have one baby to hold and to bond and to cuddle with, while I got two, to hold, cuddle, and instead move onto the needs of the next one.  And that's hard!  It's something only another multiple mom would understand.  God blessed me with the most amazing man to stand by me, to be strong when I'm not, to be positive when I'm negative, and vice versa.  We are the perfect team.  God also blessed me with an amazing group of women, women who for better sake of terms "get it"  My friend Beth and I were pregnant together, delivered our twins just two weeks apart, we've shared joys, we've shared exhaustion, we've shared frustrations, and we've shared triumphs.. But I was also led to a group of amazing women in my area and funny enough, a group on facebook :)  I feel like this connection we have, this mothering multiples connection, makes us special.  I feel like not only do I have instant friends, my kids will too.  Today, I was reminded of this blessing at my MoM's (and if you do not have a clue what this term means, b/c I'm sure I will use it often, it stands for mom's of multiples) family picnic.  Seeing my twins with other sets of twins is soo cool, they are instant friends, and I hope they will have them for years to come!


Levi & Lucas, Summer & Poppy, Liam & Lena.  It's fun to be one!  MMORE Picnic, July 22nd, 2012


Whether near or far, wherever Drew & Trey are and wherever the Army takes them, always best friends!  June, 2012


It's upside down, ha, I know, but I couldn't resist this one.  I forget how small they were, and how easy it was to take their picture!!!  February 3rd, 2012, shortly before our friends moved to VA.

That's all for today :) It was a fun day, kids went to bed early.  I sat down and caught up on DVR'ed shows, had a drink, and now I think I'm calling it a night.  Em is working, and I'm looking forward to when he crawls into bed, so it's not so cold!!  Our new bedroom, downstairs is freezing!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment