2014

2014

Saturday, July 21, 2012

"Don't Blink, 'cause just like that..."

I cannot believe it's been 8 months since my last blog post.  I vowed then to get back into the swing of this, and I failed!  This new life of being a mother of twins, well, wow... what an INSANE ride this has been!!  Liam and Lena, my lovlies, are ONE.  They had a wonderful birthday!  And because I cannot sum up all the incredible leaps and bounds they have accomplished in the past 8 months in one post, I will make you a list, so you get the gist!!

Lena is..
Talking UP A STORM!
Taking steps!!
Nodding her head yes, but not nearly as much as she nods it no.
Clapping & Dancing
Pointing to her belly button
Pretending to talk on a phone (such a girl)

Liam is...
GETTING INTO EVERYTHING! Cupboards, the trashcan, the toilet, you name it!
Crawling like a pro!
Going down for naps like a champ!
Eating as much as his Daddy!
Pushing anything and everything around the house

I am...
Getting 6-8 hours of sleep every night (can I get an AMEN!)
Working some waitressing hours for some extra cash
Selling Thirty-One Gift products (WHICH I LOVE)
Trying to be the best mom I can be, which has been a lesson in patience and flexibility!!
Remaining as calm as possible!
Getting pulled and tugged at everyday by two toddlers who follow me everywhere!
Thanking God for my amazing husband, who works hard and loves our kids as much as I do!

Each day is an adventure, some days I laugh, some days I cry, and some days, well.. some days I beg for a babysitter or I rip my hair out.  I'm surrounded by amazing friends, some 5 minutes away, some thousands of miles.  God has truly blessed me in this crazy, tragic, sometimes almost magic, awful beautiful life!! Stay tuned!!  :)   

1 comment: